Spanish Placement Exam
The Department of Hispanic Studies conducts the Spanish
Placement Exam for Texas A&M University. It is required
for students who do not have AP or dual college credit for Spanish
to take the placement exam. However, the Department of
Hispanic Studies highly recommends that all students signing up for
the Spanish Certificate take the placement exam to determine their
level in Spanish.
How do I
register for the Spanish Placement Exam?
- In order to use the online payment system for the Spanish
Placement Exam, you will need to open an account at http://marketplace.tamu.edu/, the university’s
designated web interface for purchasing. It is suggested that
you use your neo.tamu.edu email address.
- Once you have created an account, update your profile to the
correct billing address. You are then ready to continue
- On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a drop down
menu that reads SELECT A STORE. Select
- Once in the store interface, you will two boxes, Spanish
Placement Exam – Native Speakers and Spanish Placement
Exam – Second Language. Select the appropriate option
using the questions provided in the exam descriptions.
- Complete all fields requested on the form. Any fields
left blank may cause delays confirming your registration.
- Provide your requested day and time for the appropriate
- Pay $30 with a Visa credit card, MasterCard credit card, or
debit card. If you are unable to make payment in this form,
please contact Sheera Helms at email@example.com for
- After payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation
page and an email. Please print both pages for your
- Contact the Department of Hispanic Studies to confirm the exam
time and date. To do so, see Amber Warner in Room 205 in the
Academic Building, call at 979-458-0672, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have your printed confirmation and ID available.
- If you need to cancel your exam, contact Amber Warner at email@example.com at
least three (3) business days prior to the date of the exam for a
Important Note: If you are registered for an
exam and you do not show up, your card will still be charged.
All the information regarding registration for the test is
available at our
Placement Test Instruction page on our site.
Students should also go to the
Placement Test page on our site, for information on who needs
to take the test and who is exempt from taking it, as well as which
test to take, and other useful information.