Dr. Newell-Fugate teaches Physiology I (VTPP 423 section 502) in
the undergraduate Biomedical Sciences curriculum in the Fall and
- To understand the physiological significance of cells, organs
and organ systems in maintaining homeostasis of the mammalian
- To develop critical thinking, problem solving and self-learning
skills in preparation for a career in medicine/science.
- To develop critical thinking, problem solving and scientific
- To use modern physiological data acquisition equipment and
apply computers in the statistical analysis of data.
- To reinforce physiological principles discussed in lecture