- Our X-Tek Hawk CT and X-ray imaging system is capable of taking
high resolution X-Ray images under magnification
to look for fractures or other internal structural damage in stents
and other medical devices.
- A moveable bar allows the sample to be precisely rotated to
observe sample features at any angle under a wide range of
CT Imaging and VG Studio Max
- The X-Tek Hawk CT and X-ray Imaging system is also capable of
high resolution Computed Tomography reconstructions of a variety of
sample sizes using VG Studio Max.
- This program allows highly detailed CT reconstructions to be
analyzed in three dimensions and separated into digital layers by
material density or radio-opacity.
- Using unique stains developed in our lab, we are able to obtain
higher resolution CT images of specific tissues including
connective tissue, muscle fibers, and small quantities of lipid
Medical devices embedded in tissue can be reconstructed
precisely as a 3-D model without removing the device or
compromising the tissue.
Micro CT provides a
perspective on device performance that is impossible to achieve
from histology and X-ray alone.
Liquid Barium Injection
TAMU CVP also has the capabilities to inject vessels with liquid
barium. This allows for better evaluation of the vessels.
For more information, please