Standard Tissue Submission Procedure for Immersion Fixation
Place the tissue in a labeled cassette.
Completely fill out a submission form
- Separate tissue samples of different sizes into different
cassettes. If you submit tissues of different sizes together in the
same cassettes, we will have to add on a charge for separating them
out into individual cassettes.
- Use a #1 pencil to label the cassettes. If you label the
cassettes with a sharpie, the labels will come off and we will have
no way to distinguish your samples from each other. #2 pencils wipe
off more easily, so please label using #1 pencils. Our lab provides
at no extra cost cassettes and #1 pencils.
We will call or email you when your work is
- Include all basic information, tissue information, any special
instructions and an account number.
- Attach a list of the cassette numbers, or print the list on the
back of the submission form.
- Please include both types of contact information on the
- Any emails that we send to you will have "Histology Work" as
the subject header.
If you have any questions, contact us at:
Tel: (979) 845-3177 Fax: (979) 458-3499