In order to become a member of the Pre-Vet Society, you must pay
dues by the deadline online. We allow new members to join during
both the fall and spring semesters!
Dues are 37 dollars for the year and include a T-shirt, food at
meetings and discounted event prices. To become a member and be
awarded Distinguished Membership, dues must be paid by March 12th!
To receive your T-shirt please print out or take a screenshot of
your receipt to show to the officers.
A list of all distinguished members will be sent to the vet
school at the conclusion of each semester and the member with the
most points each semester will be eligible for a scholarship from
the Pre-Vet Society.
In order to become a distinguished member, the following are
requirements to be on the Distinguished Members List at the
end of the semester, each of the following specifications must be
met by the last meeting of each semester:
- Pay dues by the set deadline
- Attend a one-on-one in the cubicle with an officer
- Only new members are required to attend a one-on-one during the
semester they are joining
- One-on-ones will be rewarded with one point
- Returning members may attend an optional one-on-one session for
- Sign up on the One-on-one Google
Doc(The cube is located on the first floor of the Koldus
building in the lounge area of Student Activities! Please click here to watch the video on how to get to the
cube! Officers will only attend cube hours if members are signed up
- Collect 44
points from the following sources:
- Meeting attendance (4 pts/meeting)
- Volunteer hours with sponsor signature (2 pts/hour)
- volunteering may not exceed 25 pts (12.5 hours)
- Field trips/Socials (varies by event)
- Fill out the Member Contact
Information Google Doc by March 26th at
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not show up for an event you signed up
for, half of the points that the event is worth will be deducted
from your semester total.
For a detailed explanation of point requirements, view the 2013-2014
constitution to be updated soon!
here to check your membership status.
Email Taylor about any corrections or clarifications at firstname.lastname@example.org