The Texas A&M University Student Chapter of the American
College of Veterinary Pathologists was formed in 2004, and at that
time was officially recognized as both a student chapter of the
ACVP and of Texas A&M University. We were also officially
recognized as a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of
the Internal Revenue Code in 2006.
Our organization strives to promote collegiality and
professional development of both members and non-members through
various programs as well as through relationships with other
student chapters and the ACVP. We highly encourage veterinary
student involvement in the field of veterinary pathology and
provide invaluable opportunities for members to gain professional
knowledge in this field.
Benefits of associate membership of our student chapter
- Access to the online and hard copies of the top pathology
journals (Veterinary Pathology, Toxicologic Pathology, and
Veterinary Clinical Pathology).
- The opportunity to attend the ACVP National Convention held in
December each year. Registration is free for associate
- Eligibility to have all or part of your expenses paid to attend
the ACVP National Convention (**depends on current available travel
- The opportunity to attend SCACVP wet-labs, field trips, and
other professional enhancement opportunities.
- Eligibility to pursue a SCACVP officer position.
Other approved Student Chapters of the ACVP that we may come in
contact with and/or exchange ideas with include: