Facilitated Admission Agreement
Facilitated Admission Agreement Between Texas A&M Health
Science Center School of Rural Public Health (SRPH) &
Biomedical Sciences Program (BIMS) in the Texas A&M
This agreement serves to facilitate the admission of students
from the Biomedical Sciences Program (BIMS) in the Texas A&M
University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
to the School of Rural Public Health in the Texas A&M Health
Science Center. As students progress successfully toward the
completion of the Bachelor of Sciences degree, this agreement will
ensure the seamless transition of students into the masters program
if the provisions and conditions below are met:
- Applicants who complete their baccalaureate degree plan will be
admitted to the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) degree program
based on availability of seats upon graduation provided they meet
all other general admission requirements with the School of Rural
- Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA in the courses taken at Texas
A&M University measured cumulatively. In cases where an
applicant has a cumulative GPA of 2.7-2.9 the applicant can be
considered if the GPA is 3.0 or higher for the last sixty (60)
- Applicants must provide a professional examination score.
Acceptable examinations are; GRE (Preferred), MCAT, DAT, GMAT,
LSAT, or PCAT.
- SRPH will provide available number of seats to BIMS by January
1 for fall admission, and May 1 for spring admission cycles each
- This agreement will be reviewed on an annual basis and may be
amended or rescinded by mutual written consent of both parties by
issuing an addendum to this agreement.
- This agreement will commence effective date noted below with a
commitment of a five (5) year period.
- This agreement is mutually exclusive of any other partnership
agreement(s) entered into by Texas A&M University and the Texas
A&M Health Science Center.
Craig H. Blakely , Ph.D., M.P.H.
Dean, School of Rural Public Health
Texas A & M University Health Sciences Center
Eleanor M. Green, DVM
Dean College of Veterinary Medicine
& Biomedical Sciences
Texas A&M University