November 2014 Deans Corner
Bentley

Veterinary Emergency Team Returns from Dallas After Caring for Bentley

Two members of our Veterinary Emergency Team– Dr. Wesley Bissett and Dr. Deb Zoran–traveled to Dallas to aid in the care of Bentley, the pet of nurse Nina Pham who was being treated for Ebola. Bentley was being monitored and cared for in isolation out of an abundance of caution. Thank you for your service, Dr. Bissett and Dr. Zoran! The CVM has published information on Ebola to our website.

Read More >>
Ebola Facts >>

One Health Research Proposals Funded

One proposal in each of the four areas identified in the One Health Grand Challenge have been funded. Watch videos on each research project in the link below.

Learn More >>

One Health Recognzied at Saturday's Game

One Health Recognized at Saturday's Game

At Saturday's football game against ULM, recognition was given to our faculty members who are committed to improving the health of humans, animals, and the environment through our One Health initiative. Whoop!

One Health >>

 Two Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences Faculty Recognized for Teaching Excellence

Barr and Musser Recognized with Association of Former Students College-Level Teaching Awards

Drs. James Barr (VSCS) and Jeffrey Musser (VTPB) were recognized with the awards for their talent, expertise, and devotion for students.

Read More >>

Andy Maccabe of AAVMC Visits the CVM

Understanding the Genetic Diversity of Lions

The Safari Club International Foundation has recently funded a study to examine both historic and present day African lion genetic samples to determine whether any changes in the genetic make-up of this species over the last 100 years has any indication on its ability to thrive.

Learn More >>

Alumni Relations

New Alumni Relations and Events Manager Comes On Board

Eliana Mijangos started in October as our first Alumni Relations and Events Manager. Eliana is responsible for promoting communication and engagement between all CVM former students and the college.

Meet Eliana >>

Follow the Progress of our New Complex Online

You can view the latest state of the new Veterinary & Biomedical Education Complex online. The webpage allows for a time-lapse video of construction.

Visit Page >>

November 3
Toxicology Seminar Series: Li Ma, PhD

November 6
Civil Rights Symposium

November 6
VLCS Seminar Series: Dr. Dustin Major

November 10
Toxicology Trainee Presentation: Jairus Pulczinskiv

November 10
Toxicology Trainee Presentation: Rachel Botchlett

November 11
VTPB Seminar: Dr. Jim Womack Sigma Xi Award

November 13
CVM Fall Development Council Meeting

November 17
One Health Educational Opportunity Application Deadline

November 17
Toxicology Seminar Series: Guang Wei Du, PhD

November 18
VTPB Seminar: Dr. Joyce Turk

November 20
VLCS Seminar Series: Dr. Sara Sammons

November 21
Small Animal Anesthesia & Analgesia Conference

November 24
Toxicology Seminar Series: Nancy Turner, PhD

November 27-28
Thanksgiving Break

November 14
College Hour: Drs. Eleanor Green, Evelyn Castiglioni, & Elizabeth Crouch

November 21
Bridges Teaching Academy II: Outcome Assessment

Jennie L. Lamb, graphic designer in Creative Technologies, is currently serving as President-Elect and Vice President of Finance for the Brazos Valley chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). At the IABC Southern Region Conference “Cultivating Creative Intelligence,” which was held in Austin in October, Jennie served as track moderator for the Creativity & Innovation breakout sessions.

Dr. Ivan Rusyn has been invited to serve on the National Research Council’s Committee on Incorporating 21st Century Science into Risk-Based Evaluations. Congratulations to Dr. Rusyn on this honor!