January 2015 Deans Corner
Kent Carter to Lead the AAEP in 2015

Dr. Kent Carter (center) was installed as president of the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) during the Dec. 9 President’s Luncheon at the association’s 60th Annual Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah. As past presidents of the AAEP, Dr. Moyer and I would like to congratulate Dr. Carter and wish him well in his new role.

Read More >>

Heatley Certified By ABVP In Reptile And Amphibian Practice

Heatley Certified By ABVP In Reptile And Amphibian Practice

Dr. Heatley is one of only three veterinarians with this certification in Texas and one of only two veterinarians with the combined certification of Avian, Zoological and Reptilian and Amphibian medicine in the country. Congratulations, Dr. Heatley!

Learn More >>

Dr. Fabian Grimm Recognized as a Leader in the Field of Toxicological Research

Dr. Fabian Grimm Recognized as a Leader in the Field of Toxicological Research

The Society of Toxicology honored Dr. Fabian A. Grimm, a postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences (VIBS), with the 2015 SOT Colgate-Palmolive Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in In Vitro Toxicology.

Read More >>

 Mia Aguilar

Dr. Henry Huebner Named Director of BIMS

With the retirement of Dr. Skip Landis and the promotion of Dr. Elizabeth Crouch, Dr. Henry Huebner was named the new director of the Texas A&M Biomedical Sciences Program, or BIMS. He’s doing a wonderful job in his new position!

Read More >>

New Fund Established to Aid Veterans and their Animals

New Fund Established to Aid Veterans and their Animals

CVM development council member Dr. Mike Moore '79 created Eli's Fund, a new source of financial support for active duty service men and women, medically retired veterans’ service dogs, and retired military dogs with veterinary bills at the CVM.

Read More >>

CVM Celebrated the Holidays with Party at Equine Complex

CVM Celebrated the Holidays with Party at Equine Complex

The CVM holiday party provided laughter, good food, and enjoyable conversation to all who attended. As I reflect on this past year, I would like to take this time to thank you for your many contributions to our college and to wish you a very Happy New Year!

Read More >>

aaep conv Jan 2015

Update from American Association of Equine Practitioners Convention

At the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Annual Convention, the Texas Equine Veterinary Association (TEVA) and Dr. Charles Graham sponsored a reception, and Dr. Leslie Easterwood organized an auction and raised $2,200 for the Bill Romane Rural Veterinary Scholarship program. We all very much enjoyed the convention and look forward to next year!

AVMA-AAVMC Joint Committee Meeting Held

AVMA-AAVMC Joint Committee Meeting Held

As the president-elect of The Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), I had the opportunity to attend the AVMA-AAVMC Joint Committee Meeting in Washington, D.C. this month. The meeting, which was attended by the executive committees from each organization, was a wonderful opportunity to talk with colleagues about issues important to all of us.

Read More >>

avma Jan 2015

AVMA Council on Education to Visit in November 2015

The AVMA Council on Education has scheduled site visits to 12 schools and colleges of veterinary medicine for 2015. They will be visiting us on Nov. 29, 2015 until Dec. 3, 2015.

Read More >>

Follow the Progess of our New Complex Online

Follow the Progess of the VBEC Online

You can view the latest state of the new Veterinary & Biomedical Education Complex online. The webpage allows for a time-lapse video of construction.

View Cams >>
upcoming events jan 2015

January 5
CVM Teaching Showcase

January 15
VLCS Seminar Series: Dr. Jennifer Godfrey

January 17
SCAAEP Wet Lab

January 29
2015 Doctoral Student Recruitment Weekend

January 29
2015 Postdoc Association/Graduate Student Association Research Symposium

January 31
See Spot Run - Annual 3k/5k Fun Run/Walk (with your dog!)

hats off Jan 2015

Dr. Larry Johnson has been selected for the 2015 Evan Ferguson Award for Service to Sigma Xi in recognition of his efforts on behalf of science education and the Texas A&M University Sigma Xi Chapter. Congratulations, Dr. Johnson!

Darin Garrett ’18, a Biomedical Sciences major, participated in the Cell Death Signaling in Cancer and the Immune System Conference hosted by Keystone Symposia in Guarujá, Sao Paulo, Brazil in early November.

vscs search Jan 2015 vtpp search Jan 2015