January 2015 Deans Corner
Kent Carter to Lead the AAEP in 2015

Legislative Day

Veterinary Legislative Day at the Texas Capitol in Austin took place on February 12. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness of issues of importance to veterinarians, small business owners, and veterinary education. Veterinary Legislative Day is co-sponsored by the college and the Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA).

Read More >>

Guests from University of Ilorin in Nigeria Visit to Discuss One Health

On February 2, Abdul Ganiyu Ambali, vice chancellor of the University of Ilorin in Nigeria, visited campus along with several top administrators from his university. We look forward to future collaborative efforts with this team.

Read More >>

TVMA Annual Conference

TVMA Annual Conference

This year’s Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) conference was a cold one. Around 400 veterinarians gathered at the Arlington Convention Center to participate in continuing education, socialize with colleagues, and enjoy an impressive exhibit hall.

Read More >>

CRI Hires

Our CRI Hires

The Chancellor’s Research Initiative (CRI), provides one-time funds to Texas A&M University and other system schools for the recruitment and hiring of faculty members who will have a transformational impact upon the academic and research missions of the institutions. CRI candidates are expected to markedly enhance research funding awarded to the universities from federal, international, industrial, and/or foundation sources.

Read More >>

Neglected Tropical Diseases Seminar Held

Neglected Tropical Diseases Seminar Held

Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences’ Distinguished Alumna Dr. Kristy Murray, DVM, PhD, presented a seminar titled “Neglected Tropical Diseases” at the college on February 20, 2015. In her talk, Murray discussed the correlation between poverty and health; the number of neglected tropical diseases across the world; neglected tropical diseases that are in Texas, such as West Nile and Chagas disease; and her research, educational, and outreach activities in Nicaragua.

Read More >>

peer images

PEER Partners With Provost’s Office on STEM Night

Three veterinary students and Dr. Larry Johnson were one of the main attractions at Bellville ISD’s STEM night February 9th. In collaboration with the Office of the Provost and the Public Partnership and Outreach Department at Texas A&M University, the PEER program represented the college by showing young minds the importance of STEM in their lives and career opportunities.

Read More >>

CVM Celebrated the Holidays with Party at Equine Complex

Suchodolski Named Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association

Dr. Jan Suchodolski has been named Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), the nation’s oldest medical society dedicated to disorders of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Through the fellowship program, the AGA honors superior professional achievement in clinical private or academic practice and in basic or clinical research. Fellowships are awarded to AGA members whose accomplishments and contributions demonstrate personal commitment to the field of gastroenterology.

Read More >>

Follow the Progess of our New Complex Online

Follow the Progess of the VBEC Online

You can view the latest state of the new Veterinary & Biomedical Education Complex online. The webpage allows for a time-lapse video of construction.

View Cams >>
upcmong events march

March 6
Bridges Teaching Academy: Dr. Kenita Rogers
March 7
21st Annual Veterinary Technician Conference
March 7
Practitioner Job Interview
March 9
2015 Texas A&M Climate Matters Conference
March 12
VLCS Seminar Series: Dr. Michelle Coleman

Submit Your Event
View All Events

hats off march

Rachael Sears of the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences was named a 2014-2015 President’s Meritorious Service Award Recipient. Congratulations, Rachael!

Clint Lewis, our DVM commencement speaker this May, has recently been named the National Agri-Marketing Association’s Agribusiness Leader Of The Year. We are so looking forward to hearing what he has to share with our graduates!

retirements
  • William Moyer
  • W. Terry Stiles
  • Larry Wadsworth
Thanks for all you've done for us and for the college. We wish you many happy years of retirement and look forward to seeing you on campus as we begin the celebration of our next 100 years. You will be missed.

vscs search image 1 March 2015 image 2 March 2015

centennial banner