Award Winners for 2021!
CGS/Royal Canin USA 2021 Professional Development Awards for a research meeting
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the CGS/Royal Canin 2021 Professional Development Awards for a research meeting:
- Leah Freilich, 2nd year SAIM resident (Kansas State University)
- Vojtech Gabriel, 2nd year PhD student (Iowa State University)
- Chelsea Iennarella-Servantez, 3rd year PhD/DVM student (Iowa State University
- Leslie Mitchell, 1st year SAIM resident (Michigan State University)
- Andrea Reisinger, 1st year PhD student (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)
- Helen Stubing, 1st year PhD student (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)
All the award winners will be attending the virtual Digestive Diseases Week conference being held in May 2021. Congratulations to all the winners!
CGS/IDEXX 2021 Veterinary Student Summer Scholar Award
We are excited to announce the recipients of the 2021 CGS/IDEXX Veterinary Student Summer Scholar awards:
- Student researcher Kaitlin Daly with mentors Drs. Jody Gookin and Laurianne Van Landeghem (North Carolina State University) for their project, “Intrinsic nervous system dysfunction in gallbladder mucocele formation.”
- Student researcher Katarina Kuzek with mentors Drs. Kathrin Busch and Stefan Unterer (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich) for their project, “The lymphocyte proliferation test as a tool to detect food allergy in dogs.”
- Student researcher Katelyn Minchew Setzer with mentor Dr. Andrea Johnston (Louisiana State University) for their project, “Determining regional prevalence of schistosomiasis in owned and shelter dogs.”
Congratulations to all!
ONGOING RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS: