||Effectiveness of an injection of a local anesthetic (Ropivacaine) for pain control following removal
of the eye in dogs.
||Comparative Ophthalmology Service | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Inclusion Criteria and General Background Information:
- Any dog with an ocular condition for which removal of the eye is indicated may be eligible.
- The purpose of this study is to assess the additive pain-relieving effect of a local anesthetic, ropivacaine, in dogs undergoing removal of the eye.
||Your pet will not be eligible for this study if:
- The remaining eye is painful.
- Your pet is taking daily pain medication for a chronic non-ocular condition.
- Your pet has a condition in which a retrobulbar injection is contraindicated, such as orbital disease or a severely perforated eye.
- Your pet has underlying kidney or liver disease.
- If you are unable to leave your pet hospitalized for two nights.
||All dogs in the study will need to stay the night before and the night after surgery.
- Discounts of $140 on hospitalization fees and $200 on the total bill are provided for study participants.
- The investigative drugs are paid for by the study.