Well-documented benefits of community storytelling include:
- feelings of relaxation and well-being,
- beneficial mental stimulation,
- positive social bonds,
- more cognitive connections,
- increased emotional associations,
- and it’s fun!
If you’re interested in telling a story, it must:
- be your own story
- be true—no fiction!
- have a beginning, middle, and end.
- be told (not read from notes).
- relate meaningfully to the theme.
- not be a stand-up routine, rant, or essay.
Civitas Upcoming Event
Calling all Storytellers!
The CVMBS Committee for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (C-IDEA) is seeking student, staff, and faculty storytellers for our fourth CIVITAS community storytelling event on Monday, Nov. 22, at 6 p.m.