All students requesting transfer into the Texas A&M University professional curriculum leading to the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in the Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, are required to:
- Submit a letter to the Associate Dean for Professional Programs specifying:
- Reason(s) for requesting transfer
- Desired date of transfer
- Class and semester of the curriculum into which transfer is requested
- Provide a letter of character and academic reference (including class ranking) from the Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer.
- Provide two letters of reference from former instructors who are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which student desires the transfer.
- Provide all academic transcripts (i.e., undergraduate, graduate, professional). Academic accomplishments will be evaluated using all grades provided.
The student requesting transfer must satisfy the following requirements:
- Have completed all previous professional veterinary medical courses in an American Veterinary Medicine Association (AVMA) accredited College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Have successfully completed the academic term preceding the semester into which the student requests admission.
- Be ranked in the top 20% of their veterinary professional class.
- Comply with all requirements for transfer into the University as described in the current TAMU catalog.
- May only request a transfer into the 2nd through 7th semester of the professional curriculum.
- At the time of matriculation in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University, the student must certify by letter to the Associate Dean for Professional Programs that he/she has not been convicted of crimes in the period from first enrollment in the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires transfer until date of matriculation at Texas A&M University.
The final decision for approval of transfer will be made by the Executive Committee after review of the transfer request by Progress Committees I and II of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University. The following additional factors will be included in the evaluation process:
- Existence of appropriate vacancy
- Curricular requirements having been satisfied
- Student’s reason(s) for requesting transfer
- Letters of reference
- Citizenship and state residency
All transfer request materials should be sent to:
Professional Programs Office | Office of the Dean
Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine& Biomedical Sciences
4461 TAMUCollege Station, TX 77843-4461
Please Note: Deadline for receipt of transfer requests for the fall semester is June 15 of a given year.
Please contact the Office of Professional Programs at Tel: 979.862.1169 or Email: email@example.com, if you need additional information.
Adopted by the Executive Committee 08.02.05