About Room Reservations
- For any space needs four hours or less (including set up time for event needs), please use EMS to reserve your space.
- For any space needs over four hours, please contact Hannah Stott directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist in your scheduling needs.
- For class scheduling, please work through your departmental representative for scheduling needs.
Who can reserve a room?
Only faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the VMBS can reserve a room in our buildings through the EMS Scheduling System in the Portal.
If you are not affiliated with the VMBS and wish to reserve rooms in one of our buildings, please email email@example.com. You may browse our catalog of buildings and rooms to determine which rooms meet your needs. You will only need to provide a secondary room choice in your reservation request if you are needing more than one room for your event.
I know which room I want to reserve.
If you are affiliated with the VMBS, and you know which rooms you wish to reserve, proceed straight to Make a Reservation in the Portal. You will be required to log in and then you may fill out the request form for your event.
I’m not sure which room I want to reserve.
- Browse our catalog of buildings and rooms to find which rooms meet your needs.
- Select a specific Building Name in which you’d like to reserve a room—either on the map or by clicking its button.
- Or, select the Room Type you’d like to reserve by clicking its button.
- Navigate (using links and floor plans) to different floors of buildings or specific rooms.
- Photos are included in several room descriptions.
- Each room description includes room capacity, whether food is allowed, and a list of amenities.
- All room types and amenities are tagged.
- Rooms of a certain type or with a common amenity can be found by selecting the appropriate link in the tags listing at the bottom of each room description.
- Once you have determined which rooms are acceptable, proceed to Make a Reservation in the Portal. You will be required to log in and then you may fill our the request form for your event.