The BIMS Board is an endeavor the college is supporting in an effort to increase current and former student engagement, increase student scholarship opportunities, and increase job and internship placement opportunities.
We are looking for former students who are interested in serving as mentors and guest speakers, providing job and internship opportunities for our students, and engaging other Aggies and the community in BIMS Board initiatives. Join us in supporting the future of our Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (CVMBS) graduates.
- I will interpret the organization’s work and values to the community, represent the organization and act as a spokesperson.
- In turn, I will interpret our needs and values, speak out for our interests, and on the board’s behalf hold the organization accountable.
- I will attend at least 50% of board meetings (four all-board meetings per year) and do my best to attend 50% of committee meetings (or committee conference calls).
- Each year I will make a $1,500 contribution due on July 1st of every year. Unless I have a current endowment ($25,000+) or a planned gift through the Texas A&M Foundation to the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences.
- I understand and agree with the above regarding the BIMS Board. I will adhere to these points to the best of my ability.
Total membership goal: 25
The Biomedical Sciences (BIMS) Undergraduate Program at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (CVMBS) is the largest degree-granting undergraduate major at Texas A&M University, with a student enrollment of 2,280 for 2015–16. BIMS students make up a large portion of Aggie students accepted by Texas medical (68%), dental (60%), and veterinary (37%) professional schools. Currently, 27.4% of BIMS majors are first-generation college students. The tenacity of the students and the rigor of the program have prepared them for a variety of career paths. With the cost of tuition to pursue a medical profession rising to an average of $9,645 per semester (DARS, Fall 2014/Spring 2015), scholarship, internship, and job placement support are crucial to BIMS student success.
For more information, contact:
Office of Development, Alumni, & Client Relations