The College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (CVM) at Texas A&M University invites applications for the position of Assistant Dean of One Health. The Assistant Dean of One Health the CVM will lead, coordinate and expand the Texas A&M University One Health Program to further national and international engagements to improve global health.
Requirements for the position include
DVM, MD or Ph.D. in One Health field or related field (such as Veterinary Medicine, Engineering, Global Environment, Medical Fields, Business, Agriculture) with five years of experience in an academic setting. Or Master’s degree in One Health field or related field (such as Veterinary Medicine, Engineering, Global Environment, Medical, business, Agriculture) with eight years of experience in an academic setting.
- Advances the College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences One Health Initiative and supports the Texas A&M University One Health Grand Challenge. Plans and implements an inter/trans disciplinary collaboration approach to helping improve the lives of all species – Human and Animal Health – by addressing health and their connections between natural & man-made environments. Works closely with faculty from across Texas A&M to form collaborative inter/trans disciplinary teams to advance the major themes: Global Health & Safety, Accessible & Affordable Quality Healthcare, Chronic Diseases & Conditions, Safe & Available Food and Water.
- Maintains responsibility for the overall management of the unit including overseeing the budget; interacts with Departments Heads of the CVM and the administration of the undergraduate program as it relates to their respective departments and coordinates with them on various activities which affect their faculty members.
- Designs and implements education, research, and outreach programs; obtains extramural funding for sustained program growth; plans and implements national and international events such as conferences, seminars, lectures, meetings and workshops; brings national and global visibility to the program.
- Supervises the administrative team within the One Health Office.
- Serves as representative for the CVM to various university committees; and collaborates across the State of Texas, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Educator Committed to Diversity.