Research and Scholarly Interests
Comparative physiology, history of science and medicine, international education in science and engineering, study abroad program development, humanities and fine arts in science education
Ph.D., Indiana University, 1985
My current research focuses on undergraduate and medical (human and veterinary) education. I am focusing on developing novel active teaching methodologies that involve students in their own biomedical educations and turn them into active and creative life-long learners. I am particularly interested in international education for both undergraduates and veterinary students and, over the last 13 years, have devoted significant effort to the development and implementation of study abroad and international student exchange programs.
Jeremy S. Wasser is not accepting trainees at this time.
- Chang J, Knowlton AA, Xu F, Wasser JS (2001). Activation of the heat shock response: relationship to energy metabolites. A (31)P NMR study in rat hearts. AM J PHYSIOL HEART CIRC PHYSIOL. 1,
- Cudd TA, Wasser JS, Chen WJ, West JR (2000). Brain high energy phosphate responses to alcohol exposure in neonatal rats: an in vivo 31P-NMR study. ALCOHOL CLIN EXP RES. 6, 865-72
- Wasser JS (1996). Maintenance of cardiac function during anoxia in turtles: from cell to organism. COMP BIOCHEM PHYSIOL B BIOCHEM MOL BIOL. 1, 15-22
- Wasser JS (1995). Anoxia and ischemia tolerance in turtle hearts. BRAZ J MED BIOL RES. 11-12, 1233-40
- Chang J, Knowlton AA, Wasser JS (2000). Expression of heat shock proteins in turtle and mammal hearts: relationship to anoxia tolerance. AM J PHYSIOL REGUL INTEGR COMP PHYSIOL. 1,
- Cudd TA, Wasser JS (1999). Biomedical device design discovery team approach to teaching physiology to undergraduate bioengineering students. AM J PHYSIOL. 6 Pt 2, S29-41
- Wasser JS, Guthrie SS, Chari M (1997). In vitro tolerance to anoxia and ischemia in isolated hearts from hypoxia sensitive and hypoxia tolerant turtles. COMP BIOCHEM PHYSIOL A PHYSIOL. 4, 1359-70
- Wasser JS, Vogel L, Guthrie SS, Stolowich N, Chari M (1997). 31P-NMR determinations of cytosolic phosphodiesters in turtle hearts. COMP BIOCHEM PHYSIOL A PHYSIOL. 4, 1193-200