***Please read all information below BEFORE registering for ZEW Wet Lab***
2023 ZEW Wet Lab General Information
Our 2023 Wet Lab will take place on Saturday, February 18th, 2023 from 7:00 am-5:00 pm. The Wet Lab will feature labs and lectures from 6 different “tracks” (Avian, Exotic Mammal, Reptile, Marine, Wildlife, and Zoo), as well as a student-clinician roundtable & breakout sessions. Students will be able to customize their experience by choosing one track throughout the wet lab or by choosing to participate in labs and lectures from different tracks.
The Lab Description, Schedule, and Registration tabs are all located at the buttons at the top of this page. In addition, please take the time to check out and thank our 2023 Wet Lab sponsors! If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a “checklist item” blurb at the bottom of this page to help you consolidate required steps to attend lab.
Risk Waiver Form: Completion of the risk waiver before the deadline, January 23rd at 5:00 PM, IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ATTEND WET LAB. Failure to complete the Risk Waiver will result in forfeiture of your assigned labs. Scroll to the bottom of this page to find the risk waiver form and email to email@example.com with subject “2023 ZEW Wet Lab Risk Waiver Form”. Thank you!
2023 Wet Lab Registration and Payment Information
*these dates are tentative and subject to change
- Opens – The registration link via eventbrite will open on 8AM each day as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan 10th – 4VM and 3VM ZEW Members
- Wednesday, Jan 11th– 2VM ZEW Members
- Thursday, Jan 12th – 1VM ZEW Members
- Friday, Jan 13th – Non-ZEW and Non-TAMU Students
- Closes – The registration link will close on January 20th at 5:00 PM; you will receive a confirmation and invoice to pay for labs from Amiri Fowler and Elizabeth Grimes after registration closes
- Expect invoices to be sent beginning January 16th.
- For due-paying members, we will accept payment in the form of check ONLY. Remember you will receive your check back at the wet-lab.
- Payment will be due on January 23rd by 5:00 PM. Failure to pay for labs before the deadline will result in forfeiture of your lab sessions and the next person in line will claim your spot. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
Information for Wet Lab Attendees that are ZEW dues-paying Members:
- Wet Lab is free for TAMU ZEW dues-paying members. This list will be cross-checked.
- However, in order to secure your spot, you must pay ZEW $30 (CHECK only). This payment will be refunded to you at the wet-lab.
- Deliver your CHECK to the ZEW folder in the Grasshopper room with your name clearly labeled on it by the deadline (January 23rd at 5:00 PM)
Information for Wet Lab Attendees that are not members of ZEW:
- Cost per lab will very based on the length of lab (morning vs afternoon).
- TAMU students who are non-members may pay by cash, check, or money order as well as our storefront via flywire.
- Deliver your check, cash, or money order to the ZEW folder in the Grasshopper room with your name clearly labeled on it by the deadline (January 23rd at 6:00 PM)
- Link to flywire store-front: https://tamu.estore.flywire.com/products?storeCatalog=6652
COST BREAKDOWN for Wet Lab Attendees that are NOT members of ZEW:
- $20 per morning lab
- $30 for 1 afternoon lab
- $60 for the entire day (2 morning labs and 1 afternoon lab)
Checklist items for lab: Complete registration by Janurary 20th at 5:00PM. The risk waiver form and payment after you receive an invoice from Elizabeth and Amiri is due by January 23rd at 5:00PM. These 3 items must be completed in order to attend!
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. If you have questions regarding payment please contact Treasurer, Jenny Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have issues with registration or general questions, please contact us at email@example.com We can’t wait to see you at Wet Lab!