ExamSoft Student Best Practices
Before the Exam
- Make sure your device and operating system are compatible with the current version of Examplify.
- Take a trial exam using Examplify.
- Download the exam at least one day prior to the exam.
- Make sure your device is adequately charged.
- IPad Users: make sure your device has at least 500 MB of free space.
- For additional information, see Getting Started with Examplify.
- For assistance with troubleshooting visit Exam-Taker Help.
During the Exam
- Exam takers can highlight text. Some students have found highlighting helpful in their thought processes during exams.
- You can include/exclude question distractors (choices on multiple-choice) to include or exclude them in your thought process.
- This is helpful when using a process of elimination to answer a question.
- To do this, tap the “X’ to the right of the distractor.
- You can zoom, pan, resize, move, close, and reopen images. They will not disappear permanently if you close them.
- You can navigate using the next and previous buttons, but you can also navigate using the navigation sidebar.
- Upload the exam before you exit the exam room.
- Don’t be concerned if you can’t upload it immediately. It may take a little while for your computer/iPad to reconnect to the network, especially when many people are trying to do so at once.
- Contact an administrator if you need assistance.
Mac or PC
Downloading the trial exam
- Open Examplify using the icon on your desktop.
- Select “Download Exam Files”.
- Login with your Institution ID, Student ID, and password.
- Select the Trial Exam from the list of available exams, then hit the “Download” button.
Taking the trial exam
- Enter the Exam Password: T3stDVM
- Read any notices that display, then select “Next”.
- Enter the code displayed, then select the “Start Exam” button.
- Respond to the first question.
- Explore the tools and options within Examplify (navigation, filtering, alarms, highlighting, eliminating distractors, viewing attachments, etc.)
- Respond to all remaining questions so that you are familiar with the question and answer formats (e.g., T/F, multiple choice, essay, etc.).
- When complete, select the option to “Submit Exam” under the Exam Controls drop-down.
- Confirm by checking the box, then choosing the “Exit” button.
- When you see the “Congratulations!” screen, select the “Close Exam” button.
Uploading the trial exam
- The upload should begin automatically.
- Once uploaded, the green “Congratulations” screen should display. During semester exams, you will need to show this screen to one of the proctors.
- If you receive a yellow screen, your exam has not successfully uploaded. Follow the on-screen directions to adjust your computer settings, then select “Retry”.
- Once you have confirmed that your exam has been uploaded, select “Close Exam”.