A ‘cheesy’ post from our Wisconsin visitor!

Hello, my name is Kailey Wichman and I am currently a vet student at the University of Wisconsin Madison School of Veterinary Medicine. I first received my Bachelor of Dairy Science degree from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and, as you can guess, my hope is to go into farm animal medicine. I also have a strong interest in parasitology focusing in farm animal diagnostic and treatment. Therefore, I chose to visit and spend time in the Verocai Lab where they routinely perform cattle parasite diagnostics along with a variety of other domestic and wild animals. My time with the Verocai lab was amazing! 10/10 would recommend! Everyone was friendly and helpful right away. I was taught how to perform diagnostic techniques from the moment I walked in and not only could I ask any question that I had, but they would also ask questions back which helped solidify my learning. Not only have I gained the ability and knowledge to perform parasitology diagnostics but I am confident in my ability to identify specific parasites for an appropriate treatment plan. A huge Texas thank you goes out to everyone at the Verocai Lab for making it such an amazing experience!! 

Print