October 2015 Deans Corner
Avian Grand Opening

State of the College

I recently had the pleasure of presenting the State of the College at College Hour, where I shared the exciting events that are taking place at this great college. At the CVM we’ve had many accomplishments recently, and this is a trend I expect to continue as we begin our centennial year.

Read More >>

Professor Katrin Hinrichs awarded prestigious Simmet prize for assisted reproduction

Professor Katrin Hinrichs awarded prestigious Simmet Prize for Assisted Reproduction

The International Congress of Animal Reproduction (ICAR) announces that Professor Katrin Hinrichs of the CVM is the recipient of the 2016 Simmet Prize for Assisted Reproduction. The prize, which is the most prestigious award in animal reproduction and one of the largest of its kind.

Read More >>

D. Wayne Lukas visits Texas A&M University

D. Wayne Lukas visits Texas A&M University

D. Wayne Lukas is well known for his success as a Thoroughbred racehorse trainer, and during a recent trip to Texas A&M he was recognized not only for his success as a racehorse trainer, but also for his generosity in sharing a piece of racing history with students at Texas A&M.

Read More >>

Stress Symposium educates attendees on the effects of stress

Stress Symposium educates attendees on the effects of stress

The symposium titled “Evolution of Stress: From Genome to Disease” was held on Oct. 8-9. The event was jointly sponsored by the Institute for Genomic Sciences and Society, the CVM, and the One Health Initiative.

Read More >>

Study shows migratory songbirds can carry ticks into the United States

Study shows migratory songbirds can carry ticks into the United States

When billions of songbirds make their yearly trip from their winter homes in South and Central America to North America, they are not alone. Some migratory songbirds pick up hitchhikers—specifically ticks, according to researchers at the CVM and the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute’s Migratory Bird Center.

Read More >>

Research at Texas A&M uncovers new facets of blood vessel formation

Research at Texas A&M uncovers new facets of blood vessel formation

Researchers at the CVM are a step closer to understanding how blood vessels form. Drs. Sankar P. Chaki, Rola Barhoumi, and Gonzalo Rivera identified the contribution of Nck to morphological changes involved in early steps of blood vessel formation.

Read More >>

 Former Student to be Inducted into Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame

Former Student to be inducted into Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame

Dr. Charles W. “Doc” Graham ’53 will be inducted as a 2016 Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame member–the highest honor bestowed on individuals who have shown excellence in competition, business, and support of rodeo and western lifestyle in Texas.

Read More >>

 CVM Class of 1960 Celebrates

CVM Class of 1960 Reunites

The DVM Class of 1960 met on Oct. 23-25 to celebrate 55 years of service and dedication to veterinary medicine. Ten members of the surviving 20 classmates joined together from as far away as California to rekindle their friendships and share fond memories of the CVM.

Read More >>

Follow the Progess of our New Complex Online

Follow the Progess of the VBEC Online

You can view the latest state of the new Veterinary & Biomedical Education Complex (VBEC) online. The webpage allows for a time-lapse video of construction.

View Cams >>
upcoming events May 2015

Toxicology Seminar Series: Nigel Greene
November 9

Toxicology Seminar Series: Matthew J. Nemec
November 16

Toxicology Seminar Series: Leung Kau “Alvin” Tang
November 23

Toxicology Seminar Series: Kristal A. Rychlik
November 30

Submit Your Event
View All Events

ce-calendar may

Small Animal Anesthesia & Analgesia Conferece
November 20-22

hats off may 2015

The CVM Communications Team won awards of Merit at the IABC Southern Region Silver Quill awards ceremony for their work on the 2014 CVM Annual Report and CVM Today–Summer & Winter 2014. The team was recognized at the chapter level with Bronze Quill Awards of Excellence for these pieces in May 2015.

exec searches november

centennial banner November