College of Veterinary Medicine and
Texas A&M University
POLICY ON STUDENT TRANSFER
PROFESSIONAL VETERINARY MEDICAL CURRICULUM
All students requesting transfer into the Texas A&M
University professional curriculum leading to the degree of Doctor
of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in the Texas A&M University,
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, are
- Submit a letter to the Associate Dean for Professional Programs
of the College of Veterinary Medicine specifying:
- Reason(s) for requesting transfer
- Desired date of transfer
- Class and semester of the curriculum into which transfer is
- Provide a letter of character and academic reference (including
class ranking) from the Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine
from which the student desires the transfer.
- Provide two letters of reference from former instructors who
are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine
from which student desires the transfer.
- Provide all academic transcripts (i.e., undergraduate,
graduate, professional). Academic accomplishments will be evaluated
using all grades provided.
The student requesting transfer must satisfy the following
- Have completed all previous professional veterinary medical
courses in an American Veterinary Medicine Association (AVMA)
accredited College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Have successfully completed the academic term preceding the
semester into which the student requests admission.
- Be ranked in the top 20% of their veterinary professional
- Comply with all requirements for transfer into the University
as described in the current TAMU catalog.
- May only request a transfer into the 2nd through 7th semester
of the professional curriculum.
- At the time of matriculation in the College of Veterinary
Medicine at Texas A&M University, the student must certify by
letter to the Associate Dean for Professional Programs that he/she
has not been convicted of crimes in the period from first
enrollment in the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the
student desires transfer until date of matriculation at Texas
The final decision for approval of transfer will be made by the
Executive Committee after review of the transfer request by
Progress Committees I and II of the College of Veterinary Medicine
and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University. The following
additional factors will be included in the evaluation process:
- Existence of appropriate vacancy
- Curricular requirements having been satisfied
- Student's reason(s) for requesting transfer
- Letters of reference
- Citizenship and state residency
All transfer request materials should be sent to:
Office of Professional Programs
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4461
Deadline for receipt of transfer requests for the fall semester
is June 15 of a given year.
Please contact the Office of Professional Programs (979-845-3878
or firstname.lastname@example.org) should additional information be
Adopted by Executive Committee 8-2-05