Q: How do I obtain a visa?

As a reminder to all international travelers, each country has their own visa requirements. Country specific visa requirements for U.S. citizens can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_4965.html

There are several ways to get a visa. You can do it yourself or you can use a visa service. One visa service that was recommended by a CVM faculty member is Travisa. There are many services available so make sure to shop around since their prices will vary.

Make sure to start your visa application well in advance of your travel since getting a visa can take several weeks to a month.
↑ Back to Top


Q: Where can I find more information about the university’s globalization efforts and initiatives for TAMU faculty and students?

A:  You can find information about TAMU’s globalization efforts at http://globalsupport.tamu.edu/.  This website includes a link to the Study Abroad Office website.

↑ Back to Top


Q: Where can I find Texas A&M’s Study Abroad website?

A: You can find the Texas A&M Study Abroad website at http://studyabroad.tamu.edu which contains valuable information about traveling abroad as a student.
↑ Back to Top

Q: Are there other sources of scholarship funding available for students who desire to travel abroad?

A: The Study Abroad Office has a grant called the “Globetrotter Grant” that is a competitive travel grant for $1500 for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Texas A&M University. For more information please go to Globetrotter | A&M Requirements
↑ Back to Top

Q: What foreign language learning opportunities are available in Bryan/College Station?

Enrollment has started for the Spring Community Mandarin Chinese Class offered by the Confucius Institute at Texas A&M University. The noncredit bearing introductory and intermediate Mandarin language classes are open to all members of the Bryan and College Station community and friends of Texas A&M University. The Beginner class will be held February 21st – May 3rd (Tuesdays & Thursdays) and the Intermediate class will be held February 20th – May 8th (Mondays & Wednesdays). The registration deadline for both classes will be Monday, February 13.

Both classes will be held from 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm, but the locations will be different. The Beginner class will be held at the University Apartment Community Center and the Intermediate class will be held at the Texas A&M General Services Complex. The Community Mandarin class will be led by Professor Meng Gang, an experienced Chinese teacher and visiting scholar from Ocean University of China in Qingdao. Class size for the spring semester is limited to twenty-five students per class to ensure an ideal environment for language learning, so interested individuals are encouraged to register early.

Registration fees for the class will be $45 which will cover textbook and classroom materials for the duration of the class. Again, the deadline for registration will be on Monday February 13th.

Visit the Confucius Institute website for more information and to register for the classes.
↑ Back to Top