We’re Going Online
If you can’t come to us, we’ll go to you!
We have several online continuing education (CE) options becoming available immediately and we are still planning to have the in-person Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) Conference in October. We also have some possible live + online CE offerings. We’re trying to remain as flexible as possible to opportunities for you—regardless of the pandemic situation and travel restrictions.
Online Continuing Education
We’re rolling out several on-demand CE modules. We plan to develop a library of on-demand modules that will be available 1) on an à la carte basis, 2) bundled together at a reduced fee, and even 3) a subscription model that will allow you to choose from almost all of our offerings for an annual fee. We will update our website with the details of these offerings as soon as they are available.
Available beginning June 22, 2020…
The Texas A&M Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) has a collection of outstanding continuing education veterinary medicine programs that are available online. Included are topics on cardiology, veterinary dentistry, and constant rate infusion.
Veterinary Opioids: Texas Board Rules & Federal Laws Concerning Controlled Substances. This online module is approved by the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. The 1-hour CE course on opioid abuse and controlled substance diversion, inventory, and security necessary for license renewal in Texas scheduled to go in effect in the fall of 2020. Course Details
Food Animal Webinar (July 17-19)
We are excited to announce that we will offer a Food Animal Webinar for a total of 12 hours of CE credits. The topics have been selected from among those originally scheduled our Annual Conference that had to be canceled. The webinar will be held on the same weekend that the annual conference was scheduled, July 17-19. We will have live programming Friday afternoon (4 PM – 8 PM, and Saturday and Sunday mornings. In addition, the entire webinar will be recorded and available as on-demand modules for viewing or reviewing later. A single registration fee makes you eligible to view the entire webinar real-time AND have access to all of the modules for an entire year. So, if you can’t make any or all of the webinar in real-time, you can view it all at your own convenience.
Later This Summer…
In order to meet your continuing education needs, regardless of the status of the pandemic, we will offer on-demand, online modules selected from the topics that had been scheduled for the 2020 Annual Conference. In addition, we’re planning other modules and webinars on exotic animal medicine, food animal production medicine, plus a variety of other topics. We will keep you updated on developments in our online library through email blasts—but please, always consult our website for the latest information.
ECC Conference Coming (October 17-18)
We will have our annual Emergency & Critical Care Conference as scheduled on October 17-18. We hope that will be able to host the conference face-to-face in College Station. However, whether we are able to have the traditional in-person conference or not, the ECC Conference will also be available as a live-streamed webinar at the scheduled time and as on-demand modules afterward. Registration for this conference will give you the option to attend in-person, watch the webinar in real-time, and have access to the recorded modules for one year. Look for registration to open soon!
Small Animal Webinars
Very soon, we will be announcing the dates for our Small Animal Webinars, which should be occurring in August and September. These webinars will be live-streamed in real-time and recorded, allowing you the option to participate in the interactive webinar, or view the modules later on your own schedule—or do both. Registrants will have access to the recorded modules for one year from the time of the webinar. If conditions permit, we will also offer the option to attend the conference in person. Everything will be included in a single registration fee.
Help Us Serve You
Our goal is to provide relevant, useful continuing education to you in a safe, convenient, and effective manner. We’re obviously in a situation with which we are not fully familiar. We’re very interested in your thoughts about how we can best provide service to you. So, please share your ideas with us. We also ask for your patience as we feel our way within the “new reality.” We look forward to seeing you and hearing from you in person, on a webinar, or by phone, or email. We wish you all the best in the coming months as we learn together.
NOTE: The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (TBVME) has issued a statement concerning CE requirements for re-licensure
and the COVID-19 situation. For details, please consult their website at https://www.veterinary.texas.gov/.
Veterinary Opioids: Texas Board Rules & Federal Laws Concerning Controlled Substances
Oct 17-18, 2020
Emergency & Critical
REGISTRATION TO OPEN SOON
June 12-14, 2020
This event is being rescheduled for 2021
May 30 – June 1, 2020
July 17–19, 2020
First Annual Veterinary
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What can I expect at a continuing education conference?
- Supplies: You’ll be provided with a name tag, notepad, pen, and bag when you check-in and a printed CE certificate when you leave.
- Proceedings: A free, digital copy of the proceedings will be provided to you via email before the event. If you prefer a bound copy of the proceedings, please be sure to purchase it with your registration. We will have a very limited number of paper copies available at registration.
- Breaks, Food & Drinks: We typically offer coffee and a light breakfast at the time of check-in, 10-minute breaks in between lectures, longer 20-minute breaks are also incorporated into your day with snacks and beverages, and a full-hour lunch is made available for you to enjoy a complimentary meal with us, or you’re free to venture into College Station for the local fare.
- Where do I park for a conference? Is it free? Parking Monday thru Friday on campus requires a paid permit or that you park in the limited paid parking spaces. Weekend parking requires no permits and all regular parking is available to you at the time of a weekend conference.
- Do you have accommodations for handicap, nursing mothers, and/or special needs? If you require any assistive devices, services, or accommodations to participate in a CE event, please call us at 979.845.9102, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday.
- Have any other questions? Call us at 979.845.9102, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday.