We are excited that you are interested in becoming a part of a special student team that serves as our school’s public face! Our VMBS Ambassadors are an important part of the welcoming and inclusive environment we provide visitors. Ambassadors serve various functions, from greeting guests at our Welcome Desk to guiding guests on VMBS campus tours and assisting with and representing the school at special events.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Be enrolled as a Texas A&M student in the DVM program; be an undergraduate majoring in Animal Sciences or BIMS; or be an undergraduate member of the A&M Pre-Veterinary society.
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to share the DVM and undergraduate academic experiences enthusiastically.
- Be willing to share information on your own undergraduate or professional experiences at A&M either in the DVM or undergraduate programs.
- Be able to share the history and tradition of our school and the university (paid training is provided).
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Keep up-to-date on all online trainings required by the school (time spent on online training modules is paid).
- Attend a mandatory once-a-semester orientation in the Spring and Fall for each semester you are an ambassador, as well as once-monthly meetings.
- Serve at least one, one-hour desk shift per week (you are allowed to study and eat lunch at the desk).
- Give regularly scheduled daily tours, walk-up tours, and special group/VIP tours.
- Be available to give tours and work at the front desk at least one Saturday each semester.
- Contribute to the VMBS Ambassadors Blog on the school website.
- Reply to email and/or text messages promptly, as this is how we request ambassadors to lead special tours.
- Use professional phone skills to answer any questions asked over the front desk phone.
- Professionally represent the VMBS at special functions and outreach events as requested.
Selected ambassadors will receive training, an official polo, pay for hours worked, excellent experience to put on a resume, and a great opportunity to promote the school.
Interested students should contact the lead ambassador at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be interviewed for selection to join the ambassador program.
Again, we are excited you are interested in joining the team and look forward to reviewing your application.