The CVM Ambassadors Blog is a fresh and realistic snapshot of the life of veterinary medical and biomedical science students.
Be An Ambassador
We are excited that you are interested in becoming a part of a special team of students that serves as the public face of our college! Our VetMed and BIMS Ambassadors are an important part of the welcoming and inclusive environment we provide visitors. Ambassadors serve a variety of functions, from greeting guests at our Welcome Desk, to guiding guests on CVM campus tours, and to assisting with and representing the college at special events.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Be a current BIMS, 1VM, or 2VM student (BIMS seniors who have been accepted as incoming 1VMs are welcome to apply, as are all accepted, incoming 1VMs)
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Be able to enthusiastically share the BIMS or DVM academic experience
- Be willing to serve as a source of information on how to get into BIMS or the DVM program
- Be able to share the history and tradition of our college and the university (paid training will be provided)
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Attend an evening of training in August or early September
- Serve at least one 2.5 hour shift at the Welcome Desk weekly (you will have a computer available and can do homework when there are no visitors)
- Give our regularly-scheduled tours and be available to give special group/VIP tours
- Represent a diversity of interests within the BIMS and DVM programs
- Be available to give tours (scheduled at 10:30 a.m.) at least one Saturday each month
- Contribute to the CVM Ambassadors Blog on the college website
- Reply to e-mail and/or text messages promptly (as this is how we ask for people to lead special tours)
- Professionally represent the CVM at special functions as requested
Selected Ambassadors will receive training, a shirt, $8/hour student worker rate for hours worked, excellent experience to put on a resume, and a great opportunity to promote the college.
Interested students should complete the application below before May 15, 2019, and return it either to the folder at the front counter of CVM Communications (VIDI 124) or via email to Jennifer Gauntt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be interviewed for selection to join the ambassador program.
Please note: At this time, we are only accepting applicants for BIMS Ambassadors. Interested veterinary students should continue to check back.
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Gauntt at email@example.com.
Again, we are excited you are interested in joining the team and look forward to reviewing your application.