Research and Scholarly Interests
food safety; molecular toxicology; elucidation of fundamental chemical mechanisms of toxic action/interaction of food-borne carcinogens; mutagens; and developmental toxicants; and development of methods to detect and detoxify foodborne and environmental toxins.
- B.S., Mississippi State University, 1970
- M.S., Univ. of Southern Mississippi, 1972
- Ph.D., Univ. of Southern Mississippi, 1975
- Fellow, Academy of Toxicological Sciences, start 2000
- Food Safety
- Phillips TD, Richardson M, Cheng YS, He L, McDonald TJ, Cizmas LH, Safe SH, Donnelly KC, Wang F, Moorthy B, Zhou GD (2014). Mechanistic relationships between hepatic genotoxicity and carcinogenicity in male B6C3F1 mice treated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon mixtures. ARCH TOXICOL.
- Marroquín-Cardona AG, Johnson NM, Phillips TD, Hayes AW (2014). Mycotoxins in a changing global environment--a review. FOOD CHEM TOXICOL. 69, 220-30
- Zychowski KE, Hoffmann AR, Ly HJ, Pohlenz C, Buentello A, Romoser A, Gatlin DM, Phillips TD (2013). The effect of aflatoxin-B1 on red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) and assessment of dietary supplementation of NovaSil for the prevention of aflatoxicosis. TOXINS (BASEL). 9, 1555-73
- Mitchell NJ, Kumi J, Aleser M, Elmore SE, Rychlik KA, Zychowski KE, Romoser AA, Phillips TD, Ankrah NA (2014). Short-Term Safety and Efficacy of Calcium Montmorillonite Clay (UPSN) in Children. AM J TROP MED HYG. 4, 777-85
- Hall SL, McCulley RL, Barney RJ, Phillips TD (2014). Does fungal endophyte infection improve tall fescue's growth response to fire and water limitation? PLOS ONE. 1,
- Epps SV, Harvey RB, Hume ME, Phillips TD, Anderson RC, Nisbet DJ (2013). Foodborne Campylobacter: infections, metabolism, pathogenesis and reservoirs. INT J ENVIRON RES PUBLIC HEALTH. 12, 6292-304
- Mitchell NJ, Xue KS, Lin S, Marroquin-Cardona A, Brown KA, Elmore SE, Tang L, Romoser A, Gelderblom WC, Wang JS, Phillips TD (2014). Calcium montmorillonite clay reduces AFB1 and FB1 biomarkers in rats exposed to single and co-exposures of aflatoxin and fumonisin. J APPL TOXICOL. 7, 795-804