Dr. Newell-Fugate teaches Physiology I (VTPP 423 section 502) in the undergraduate Biomedical Sciences curriculum in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- To understand the physiological significance of cells, organs and organ systems in maintaining homeostasis of the mammalian organism.
- To develop critical thinking, problem solving and self-learning skills in preparation for a career in medicine/science.
- To develop critical thinking, problem solving and scientific skills
- To use modern physiological data acquisition equipment and apply computers in the statistical analysis of data.
- To reinforce physiological principles discussed in lecture sessions.