Training & Education
- Instrument Training: All new Image Analysis Laboratory (IAL) users must receive training for each of the instruments they wish to use.
- New users should complete a new user form to request training for one or more instruments as needed.
- Advanced training and/or refresher courses are available for users with previous training.
- A graduate microscopy course, VIBS 627—Optical Microscopy and Live Cell Imaging, covers theory and hands-on training on major instruments. The course is offered during the spring semesters.
- Microscopy workshops can be scheduled for lab groups by appointment.
Consulting & Advice
- To ensure optimal microscopy results, IAL staff members are available to discuss your imaging needs ranging from sample preparation, reagent purchases, troubleshooting, and image processing and analysis.
- All information is treated confidentially.
- IAL staff members can provide active involvement in research projects and contribute intellectual and practical input towards the imaging aspects of research projects, applications development, etc.
- Staff can assist with image acquisition, data analysis, participate in laboratory meetings as needed, and contribute to manuscript and grant applications.
Host Microscope Demonstrations
- If your laboratory is interested in testing a piece of imaging equipment supplied by a vendor, it may be easier and more convenient if the IAL hosts the demonstration.
Help with Lab Equipment
- If you need help with your lab microscope, we might be able to assist (e.g., replacement of bulbs, cleaning, alignment, train a laboratory manager on how to maintain and achieve the theoretical limit of resolution for each application needed).
- We may charge a technical assistance fee for doing this, depending upon the time commitment.
Scheduling Lab Equipment
- Please register in iLabs for scheduling and billing at https://tamu.corefacilities.org/service_center/show_external/4876.
- For first-time use of optical and electron microscopy technologies, please email Dr. Joseph Szule at email@example.com.