- Postdoctoral position: Schubot Center Director Dr. Sarah A. Hamer is currently accepting applications for a postdoctoral position.
- Applications for undergraduate student assistants are currently being accepted. Please email completed applications to Debra Turner.
(Note: Student avian caretakers care for birds by providing food and water; providing clean micro and macro environments; and assisting in facility maintenance.)
- Applications for student technicians are currently being accepted. Please email completed applications to Debra Turner.
(Note: In addition to aviary student caretaker activities, student technicians work closely with board-certified avian veterinarians to handle health issues and administer medications to the birds at the aviary.)
- Avian Research Mini-Grant (up to $2,500 each): The intended objective of these awards is to facilitate data collection by members of the Schubot Center to advance avian research, with an emphasis on aspects of avian health and/or conservation.
- Avian Research Travel Grants (up to $1,000 each): The intended objective of these awards is to support travel for Schubot Center members to engage in activities to learn new techniques at workshops or specialized laboratories or field stations, expand collaborative networks, and/or disseminate Texas A&M avian research findings at conferences, with an emphasis on aspects of avian health and/or conservation.