You can apply for the master’s and doctoral programs at any time during the year, as long as your application is submitted to the Texas A&M University GraduateCAS two to three months before the start of either the spring or fall semester.
In general, we recommend that prospective students apply in October for a starting date the following fall semester (i.e. almost one year in advance of the proposed start date). The main reason is that many scholarship and fellowship application deadlines are in January and March.
We are often asked about financial support. While we cannot guarantee to support you through your studies, we can inform you of our group’s current options and possibilities. We recommend reading through the “Guidelines and Policies for Graduate Study in Veterinary Integrative Biosciences (VIBS) “, section VII, p. 16.
A typical course of action for application to any of our degree programs would be to:
- Examine whether you fulfill the general graduate student requirements for the department
- Contact the faculty in epidemiology. We can inform you of the possibilities of working with us and potential financial support.
- Submit an application online to the Texas A&M University GraduateCAS.
- Do not forget about official transcripts, records, and test results*. It may take a while to obtain these documents, so start out early! For international students, there may be requirements for an official translation, so start really early!
- *The GRE requirement is NOT required for the MS VPHE Degree Program. All applicants seeking admission have the option to submit official score reports from the GRE.
Applications are evaluated by the department chair and the graduate faculty committee. The admission process may take two to three months. If you have questions about your application, you may contact either the Texas A&M Graduate and Professional School or the VIBS departmental office (979.845.2828).
We recommend that you spend a little time familiarizing yourself with Texas A&M University and our community:
- Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences (VIBS)
- School of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences Graduate Programs (RGS)
- Texas A&M School of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (VMBS)
- Texas A&M Graduate & Professional School
- Texas A&M University