Our Vision, Mission & Strategic Initiatives
Transforming animal and human health today for a better tomorrow.
- Our people and climate are the heart of our school. We honor our traditions and are ready to tackle audacious challenges in an increasingly complex, changing environment.
To enhance animal and human health through transformational education, discovery and innovation, patient care, and public service that impacts our diverse and evolving world.
- Transformational education is core to our existence and supports all of our missions. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that allows students, staff, and faculty to be their best and to openly educate one another.
- The School of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (VMBS) aspires to be an epicenter of discovery and innovation. Veterinary medicine connects human and animal health and incorporates industries ranging from agribusiness to biomedicine. The breadth of our reach, expertise, and contributions is our opportunity for success.
- Patient care is central to our profession and we believe the VMBS can provide the best experience for our clients and the best medicine for our patients. Leading-edge care for all species includes innovation, excellence, and increasing access in both our rural and urban communities.
- The VMBS has a strong public service mission that we refer to as “Serving Every Texan Every Day.” For us, this means expanding our impact to the state, nation, and world through traditional and creative means.
Our Strategic Initiatives
Our five strategic initiatives are the organizational stepping stones that will advance the VMBS and guide our positive change. All five are essential areas in which we aspire to grow; they are listed here in a non-prioritized, free-flowing order.
- Be a Best Place to Live, Work, and Learn
- Strengthen and Harness Our Research Enterprise
- Engage Texas and Beyond
- Enhance Student Success
- Address Infrastructure Demands