Our team is the only state-level veterinary medical care provider in the State of Texas Emergency Response Plan.
- Our team is the nation’s largest in terms of daily patient capacity and the most sophisticated in terms of the depth and breadth of veterinary medical care provided in a disaster situation.
- We support Texas A&M Task Force 1 on all in-state deployments and we have the ability to provide veterinary medical support on out of state deployments, such as the Camp Fire in Butte County, California.
- Tent and trailer-based medical platforms worth approximately $1.5 million have been accumulated to support the faculty, staff, and senior veterinary medical student members of our team while on response deployments.
- CVMBS faculty and staff members with a variety of specialties and advanced training are members of our team.
Our team’s combination of human capital and equipment are evidence the prowess of the VMBS throughout the state of Texas and beyond during times of disaster.
- Our missions include:
- Veterinary medical support of Search & Rescue efforts
- Veterinary medical care of animals injured or who become ill as a result of a disaster
- Protecting the economic viability of agricultural animal industries through participation in foreign animal and emerging disease response
- Protecting human lives through participation in epidemic and pandemic disease response