Please contact one of the officers to volunteer to present at a meeting.
- February 19th: Mr. Adam Starbuck (TAMU College of Architecture) – 3D printing and digital fabrication resources available through MakerPlace.
- February 22nd: Dr. Thompson (VLCS) – “I quit doing statistic and you can too.”
- April 27th: Dr. Graham Keith (Center for Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning) – Motivating teaching strategies
- May 25th: Drs. Ashley Gustafson Sebury (Program Manager, Research and Graduate Studies, TAMU CVM), Christina Papke (VP for Research Office, Division of Research, TAMU), and Jessica Bourquin (Assistant Director of Biosafety): “The secret world of non-faculty careers in higher education.”
- July 10th: Dr. Christina Papke (VP for Research Office) – Grant writing: tips, tools, and resources.
- September 28th: Dr. Ra’sheedah Richardson (TAMU Center for Teaching Excellence) – How to design a lesson.
- October 29th: Dr. Mike Cristitiello (VTPB) – Mentor/Mentee Relationships.
- December 21st: Dr. Sarah Bankston (TAMU Libraries) – EndNote.
- January 8th: discussion on Spring Research Symposium, Travel Award and Vendor Show
- February 16th: Heather Moberly: ORCID
- April 8th: discussion on open house
- May 13th: Joe Cichocki: discussion on the convoluted grant application process; Sharmila Gosh: Advanced Developmental travel award
- June 10th: Dr. Barbara Gastel: how to give and receive useful feedback
- July 8th: Mo O’Brienl: shares with her trip to London, funded through CVM-PDA Advanced Developmental Training Award
- August 22th: Lee-Jae (Jack) Guo: overview of resources for postdocs and Q&A session
- September 30th: Amy Thompson from Career Center:how to make a good LinkedIn profile and network with professionals online
- October 28th: Dr. Peter P Nghiem: CRISPR
- February 12: Heather Moberly and Gail P. Clement from library services: Grey literature and Open Access
- March 13th: Mark Mielke, Money Wise Aggie Coordinator from Scholarships & Financial Aid TAMU
- September 11th: introduction on courses and services offered by Center for Teaching Excellence
- October 9th: Heather Moberly, the Coordinator of Veterinary Services for the MSL
- November 13th: CV writing
- December 11th: Jim Izat from the Division of Research: grant writing
- January 10: Dr. Barbara Gastel: Tips for oral and poster presentations ( Presentation)
- February 14: ORCID-See TAMU Libraries page for more details
- April 11: Dr. Gastel: Authorship: Who qualifies (Presentation)
- May 9: Dr. Gastel: CV and Resumes (Presentation)
- June 13: Congrats to our new officers!
- July 11: Understanding your credit score
- August 8: Q&A-Loans and purchasing a home
- September 12: Q&A creating a financial plan (Docs?)
- October 10: Grand Station bowling and Laser Tag social
- November 14:Dr. Dominique T. Chlup from CEHD Writing Initiative
- December 18: Employee Development Ofice – Microsoft Powerpoint “Virtually Speaking” Workshop
- January 11, 2013 Merrideth Holub, One Health Program Coordinator at TAMU.
- March 8, 2013: General meeting-Business events (Agenda)
- May 10, 2013: Panel of Successful Grant Writers-DVMs and Post Docs.
- June 14, 2013: General meeting-constitution approved
- June 19, 2013: Dr. Barbara Gastel: Mini-writing etiquette workshop: Introduction, discussion and references.
- July 12, 2013: General Meeting-Dr. Barbara Gastel: Writing in English as a Foreign Language
- Dr. Barbara Gastel’s Mini Writing Workshop Presentations: Abstracts, Tables and Graphs, Methods and Results, Grant Writing
- August 9, 2013: General Meeting-Dr. Moseley (Zoetis): Tips for interviewing for industry jobs
- September 13, 2013: Robin Sewell from MSL-EndNote tutorial
- October 11, 2013: Meet and Greet!
- November 8, 2013: Dr. David Threadgill: Whole Systems Genomic Initiative (WSGI).
- February 13, 2012 General meeting (meeting minutes)
- April 20, 2012 GSA/PDA Symposium
- May 11, 2012 Presentation by Drs. Ruth Schemmer and Valerie Balester: Application packet, personal statement, and teaching philosophy. Dr. Schemmer’s handouts (CV, Teaching Philosophy Articles, Academic Job Applications) and Dr. Balester’s handouts (Personal Statement and Teaching Philosophy)
- June 8, 2012 Grant Writing Tips by Dr. Bhanu Chowdhary (handout: 1-pager)
- July 13, 2012 Peer Review by Dr. Mark Westhusin (slides)
- August 10, 2012 Recent experiences in the job quest by Drs. Ashlee Watts and Sarah and Gabe Hamer (Meeting minutes and handout)
- September 14, 2012 Bridging the gap: Scientists and Clinicians in research by Drs. Weston Porter and Heather Wilson-Robles. (Meeting Minutes)
- October 12, 2012 Alternative Career Paths. Dr. Samantha Wilson from the TAMU Career Center (Meeting minutes)
- November 9, 2012 Representatives from the GTA: From the Lab Bench to the Classroom: how the Graduate Teaching Academy Can Help you. (Meeting Minutes)
- December 14, 2012 Fran Ortiz discussed the details of veterinary licenses and animal research laws.
- January 18, 2011 Presentation: Postdoc Association Plans for 2011
- February 15, 2011 Dr. John Ivy Fellowships for Postdocs
- March 4, 2011 Seminar by Dr. Ruth Schemmer: Salary Negotiation and Interview Skills – notes
- January 19, 2010 handout
- February 16, 2010 handout
- March 23, 2010 meeting notes / Presentation by Dr. Long
- No meeting minutes for April 20, 2010 meeting
- May 18, 2010 meeting notes / Presentation by Dr. Ivy (grant writing seminar)
- June 22, 2010 mock review panel meeting notes
- August 24, 2010 Dr. Ruth Schemmer – The Academic Job Interview
- Chronicle of Higher Education:The Academic Job Interview Revisited
- Campus Visit: Tips and Tricks
- Academic Job Interview Advice (Mary Corbin Sies):
- December 7, 2010 Drs. Dorothy Shippen and Daria Panina presented Building and Leading a Research Team workshop.